Skip to main content

24.06.2011


Valentin Massov's magical water-colours are woven out of light. Light is not physical substance. Light is energy and a man can not touch it. It is impossible in what way light is transformed into the image on his works. "I am an atomist. And I can feel the energy with my hands. The Bible is begun with the words: "In the beginning was the Word."But I would say:" In the beginning was the Light," and your paintings are the illustration for these words," an academician-atomist said him in 1980. "Many people have tried to fall outside the limits a matter. Mathematicians, poets, musicians have managed to do it. From artists, even Leonardo da Vinchi, couldn't do it and you have done it..," the poet Alexandr Revich said.What is the meaning of art? It's performance for someone, the way to perfection for me. Valentin Massov's art has helped me see the beginning my way. Thanks to my meeting with Mr.Massov, I understood the meaning of life on Earth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“The Spiritual Realism of Valentin Massow

  “ There are lonely artists. They do not find any response or recognition during their lifetime. Away from the generations of their time, from the rapidly arising and drifting away “requests”, “directions” and “currents”, they contemplate and create their own, lonely, appealing as if not even to people (“Accept! Delve into ! Heal and get wiser ! ”), but to God (“Receive my lonely prayer!”). They do not turn away from people, but people turn away from them: people look but do not see, listen but do not hear, or, in the words of Heraclitus, " absent being present”.  I. Ilyin “The Lonely Artist”.   - I was four years old when my older brother was given colored pencils. I took these pencils and said: "I won't give them back ." And a person dear to me, my mother's sister, said: "Don't touch him, he will be an artist." (V. M.) ValentinMassow was born in 1937, on the centenary of the death of A.S. Pushkin , in the family of a provincial doctor an...

08.06.2013

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". This is not fiction. This is our history. And a human who doesn't understand it is an illiterate human. You cannot be free from God because God is your father, your flesh and blood. You cannot reject from yourself. Life without God is death.