Skip to main content

10.06.2011

Artists are selected on the basis of: the worse the better. The artist have to work for entertainment of public and promotion of base instincts. I say because I know state of affairs in Russian art. There are many talented people in the province and nobody knows them. Only after their death we can hear ones names, when their paintings start to buy and to sell. The best artist is the dead artist. It is the law of the market. The famous artist in Russia is a lucky man or a talented businessman. But it is not art. Honestly speaking I don’t know anyone from very talented artists who has made a successful career in Russia. And the most famous example is the fate of the artist Valentin Massov. He created a truly new direction in art. But who did hear his name? We can admire of another culture and destroy ours one at the same time. It’s our life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08.06.2013

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". This is not fiction. This is our history. And a human who doesn't understand it is an illiterate human. You cannot be free from God because God is your father, your flesh and blood. You cannot reject from yourself. Life without God is death.

“The Spiritual Realism of Valentin Massow

  “ There are lonely artists. They do not find any response or recognition during their lifetime. Away from the generations of their time, from the rapidly arising and drifting away “requests”, “directions” and “currents”, they contemplate and create their own, lonely, appealing as if not even to people (“Accept! Delve into ! Heal and get wiser ! ”), but to God (“Receive my lonely prayer!”). They do not turn away from people, but people turn away from them: people look but do not see, listen but do not hear, or, in the words of Heraclitus, " absent being present”.  I. Ilyin “The Lonely Artist”.   - I was four years old when my older brother was given colored pencils. I took these pencils and said: "I won't give them back ." And a person dear to me, my mother's sister, said: "Don't touch him, he will be an artist." (V. M.) ValentinMassow was born in 1937, on the centenary of the death of A.S. Pushkin , in the family of a provincial doctor an...