Skip to main content

12.06.2011

Art and religion have one purpose – the evolution of humankind. I accept the new in art if it is the spiritual revelation which allow me come nearer to understanding God’s nature. All other in art is politics and commerce. I do not blame the artists who make a bad art for the sake of money. But firstly, do not call it art and secondly, do not make it standard.
Moscow lives by the rules of the powers that be. I would say by rules of a wolf pack. If you have money and power you are always right, even if you are wrong. Moscow is a mixture black and white, a good taste and a bad taste, talented people and persons without talent. One can either love Moscow or hate it. But everyone wants to live in Moscow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“The Spiritual Realism of Valentin Massow

  “ There are lonely artists. They do not find any response or recognition during their lifetime. Away from the generations of their time, from the rapidly arising and drifting away “requests”, “directions” and “currents”, they contemplate and create their own, lonely, appealing as if not even to people (“Accept! Delve into ! Heal and get wiser ! ”), but to God (“Receive my lonely prayer!”). They do not turn away from people, but people turn away from them: people look but do not see, listen but do not hear, or, in the words of Heraclitus, " absent being present”.  I. Ilyin “The Lonely Artist”.   - I was four years old when my older brother was given colored pencils. I took these pencils and said: "I won't give them back ." And a person dear to me, my mother's sister, said: "Don't touch him, he will be an artist." (V. M.) ValentinMassow was born in 1937, on the centenary of the death of A.S. Pushkin , in the family of a provincial doctor an...

08.06.2013

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". This is not fiction. This is our history. And a human who doesn't understand it is an illiterate human. You cannot be free from God because God is your father, your flesh and blood. You cannot reject from yourself. Life without God is death.