Skip to main content

29.12.2010

I am a professional artist but I don't want to call myself a modern artist because the modern art is anti-art.
“We’ve reached the point where Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen might as well be an artist; all he needs is an empty room and some chalk. We pee on things, we pee into things, we pee over things… and call it art,” the art critic Brian Sewell said. “This will end in disaster. In another generation, it will be inconceivable that anyone will be taught how to paint. The blind are leading the blind. The head of painting at the Royal College couldn’t paint a Christmas card…Not enormously. I’ve looked over the edge at death in the past few years enough times; when you’ve done that, you no longer find anything much very depressing.”
Now all is possible. Everyone has the opportunity to express himself how he wants, but from this freedom talents don't grow. There is no Giotto, there is no Velasquez, there is no Van Gogh, there is no Picasso.
"Talent given by God and must return to God," El Greco said.
Freedom is not synonymous by abomination. Contemporary art is destructing of harmony, the bad joke which leaves to ours descendants only emptiness and anti-art. Contemporary art destroys the future of ours children.
The person is not a monkey because the monkey can not create. Greatness of spirit is a prerogative only the person. What is the world without Mozart, Bach, Chopin, Giotto, Pushkin, Einstein? It's the dead world.
The mankind can develop only thanks to presence of geniuses on the earth, because the Genius is God's gift.
Abomination to aspire to destroy talent because the talent comminate one.
Abomination isn't capable to create, the abomination is capable to destroy only. Today contemporary Art is embodiment of the abomination in the world art. And I do not want to participate in it.
We have to protect talents, search for them worldwide and create it conditions for work because the talent gives to people hope for the future.
It is not truth that people need only drugs, sex and  base instincts. People need faith, hope, love.
Art is long, life is short.
I want that in the world there has come the new Renaissance. And I'll talk about it all the time while I live.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“The Spiritual Realism of Valentin Massow

  “ There are lonely artists. They do not find any response or recognition during their lifetime. Away from the generations of their time, from the rapidly arising and drifting away “requests”, “directions” and “currents”, they contemplate and create their own, lonely, appealing as if not even to people (“Accept! Delve into ! Heal and get wiser ! ”), but to God (“Receive my lonely prayer!”). They do not turn away from people, but people turn away from them: people look but do not see, listen but do not hear, or, in the words of Heraclitus, " absent being present”.  I. Ilyin “The Lonely Artist”.   - I was four years old when my older brother was given colored pencils. I took these pencils and said: "I won't give them back ." And a person dear to me, my mother's sister, said: "Don't touch him, he will be an artist." (V. M.) ValentinMassow was born in 1937, on the centenary of the death of A.S. Pushkin , in the family of a provincial doctor an...

08.06.2013

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". This is not fiction. This is our history. And a human who doesn't understand it is an illiterate human. You cannot be free from God because God is your father, your flesh and blood. You cannot reject from yourself. Life without God is death.